- The 2019 MTN Business IoT Conference and Awards are subject to these terms and conditions and all entrants agree to be bound hereby and by any additional requirements listed on the Competition website – www.iotawards.co.za
- The IoT Conference and Awards (the “Competition”). This Competition is organized by Creative Space Media and supported by sponsors Mobile Telephone Networks (Proprietary) Limited (“MTN”).
- The Competition is not open to the directors, members, partners, employees, consultants, agents, or any other person who, directly or indirectly controls or is controlled by Creative Space Media and MTN (and the spouses, life partners, immediate family members or business partners of the people or entities listed above.
- Entrants must be:
4.1 natural persons, 18 (eighteen) years of age or older and residents of the Republic of South Africa; or
4.2 companies, partnerships or sole proprietors duly incorporated and registered according to the applicable South African legislation having valid bank accounts and tax clearance certificates.
- All entries must be submitted either on the Briefing Day to be held in Johannesburg in 2019 or via e-mail to email@example.com. Any entries that are received after the closing date will not be considered and will not be eligible to participate in the Competition, regardless of the reason for the late entry.
- Entrants must ensure that the information provided is accurate, complete and current. Any false, incomplete and outdated information that is provided may result in the disqualification of the entry concerned from the Competition at the sole discretion of Creative Space Media, MTN Business.
- The final winners will be announced at an awards ceremony, which will be held in October 2019.
- All appointments of any nature with regard to this Competition must be conducted in accordance with standard MTN procurement and governance procedures.
- Creative Space Media, MTN Business will not be responsible for any harm, damage, loss or claim relating to the provision of a prize or any element of a prize or any changes to a prize that may be made at any time.
- Prizes are not transferable and may not be deferred, changed or exchanged for cash or any other item.
- If an entrant wins a prize and it is unlawful for that entrant to receive a prize for any reason whatsoever, then the prize will be forfeited and awarded to another entrant at the sole discretion of the judges.
- The prize winners hereby agree to the publication of their name and appearance in the electronic and print media.
- Creative Space Media, MTN Business reserve the right to vary, postpone, suspend, or cancel the Competition and any prizes, or any aspect thereof, without notice at any time, for any reason which they deem necessary. In the event of such variation, postponement, suspension or cancellation, entrants agree to waive any rights, interests and expectations that they may have in terms of this Competition and acknowledge that they will have no recourse against Creative Space Media, MTN Business.
- Entrants agree that their participation in the Competition, and acceptance and/ or use of a prize, or any aspect thereof, is entirely at their own risk.
- Creative Space Media, MTN Business will not be responsible, and renounce all liability, for any loss, liability, injury, expense or damage (whether direct, indirect, incidental, punitive or consequential) of any nature, whether arising from negligence or any other cause, which is suffered by the entrants participation in the Competition or the acceptance and/or use by the entrants, of any prize, or by any action taken by Creative Space Media, MTN Business in accordance with these terms and conditions.
- Entrants, and in the event of an entrant’s death, their family, dependants, heirs, assignees or any other beneficiaries of their estate, hereby indemnify and hold Creative Space Media, MTN Business harmless against any claims by entrants, or their partners (if applicable), (whether direct, indirect, incidental, punitive or consequential) of any nature, whether arising from negligence or any other cause, relating to any injury, loss, liability, expense and/or damage which they may suffer, howsoever arising, in relation to entry into this Competition and/or acceptance and/or use of a prize.
- If an entrant fails to comply with any of these terms and conditions, then without prejudice to any other remedy which Creative Space Media, MTN Business may have: a. The entrant will automatically be disqualified from the Competition and will forfeit the prize/s (in the event that the entrant has already won a prize);
b. The entrant will compensate Creative Space Media, MTN Business for any loss or damage that may be incurred directly or indirectly as a result of the entrant’s non compliance, including all legal costs (including attorney and own client costs) which may be incurred by Creative Space Media, MTN Business in taking any steps pursuant to the entrant’s non-compliance; and c. The entrants indemnify and hold Creative Space Media, MTN Business harmless against any claim by any person, (whether direct, indirect, incidental, punitive or consequential) of any nature, whether arising from negligence or any other cause, relating to any death, injury, loss and/or damage which may be suffered howsoever arising in relation to the entrant’s failure to comply therewith.
- These terms and conditions will be construed, interpreted and enforced in accordance with the laws of the Republic of South Africa.
- Each entry will be charged R250 (ex VAT) per solution and per category.
- Creative Space Media, MTN Business will instruct judges to adjudicate on the entries and the selection of winners in the Competition. The decision by the judges on any matter concerning the Competition and/or promotion and/or arising out of these terms and conditions is final and binding on the entrants and no correspondence will be entered into. Creative Space Media, MTN Business reserve the right to withhold the Prize until it is entirely satisfied that the claimant of the Prize is the bona fide winner, and reserves the right to call for such proof as it may deem necessary.